If you are a small business owner, it can be hard to see results on your newly developed website, if your website was not developed with certain aspects in mind. The reality is, for any business, a working website is essential for the company to be successful.
That is why we decided to help you out a little! In this article, we list tips to help you build an effective website that delivers results. So, if you’re website needs an upgrade or you started a new company, keep reading!
Table of Contents
- Tips for Building an Effective Website for Your Business
- Choose a Good Domain Name for Your Website
- Display a Clear Description of Your Business
- Build an Engaging Website Home Page
- Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
- Create and Publish Regular Content
- Make Sure Your Website Is Personal
- Is Your Website Easy to Navigate?
- Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile Responsive
Tips for Building an Effective Website for Your Business
Before you start with your website-building process, you need to realize that there is a lot of competition online, it is not sufficient to just have a website. Our web design tips will help you create a website to easily gain customers and grow your business.
Choose a Good Domain Name for Your Website
The domain name you choose for your website is important. This is how people will find your website. Your URL should also be chosen with search engine optimization (SEO) in mind.
Here are some tips for coming up with your domain name:
- Make sure your domain name is easy to spell.
- Keep your domain short.
- Ensure you use a proper domain extension such as a .com domain name.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens in your domain URL.
- There are multiple websites online, make sure people will remember your domain name.
- Make sure your desired domain name is available for purchase and that it is not too expensive.
Display a Clear Description of Your Business
The first thing people need to see when they visit your website is a description of your business. Your website visitors need to know straight away what your website is about. You can include a homepage banner and visual images to showcase your business.
Additionally, it would be best if you made sure that both your main and footer navigation menus have “About Us” page links that can easily be accessible. People can click on them and read more about your business.
*Related Article – 5 Reasons to Choose Divi Over Other Themes
Build an Engaging Website Home Page
One of the most important things is your need to make sure your website’s design leaves a positive impression on your visitors so that it can drive results. How do you make sure you leave an impression? Well, by implementing the following:
- Use eye-catching graphics and easy-to-read fonts.
- Make sure your images are optimized for fast loading.
- Make sure you know your target audience and what they will look at.
- Stay consistent throughout your website design.
- Make sure your home page is easy to navigate.
- Make sure your contact details are easily accessible.
- Use clear call-to-actions throughout to drive action.
You can make use of a popular WordPress Theme like Divi to build your website. Divi will give you a lot of advantages when it comes to things like responsive design and implementation.
Optimize Your Website for Search Engines
If you want your website to be found online, you need to make sure it is optimized for search engines from the start. What is SEO? Well, you need to apply certain practices to your website to make sure search engines index and rank your website so that people can find it. The better your website is designed and the better your content is written, the higher your site will rank.
Make sure you focus on the following SEO best practices:
- Keyword research and implementation
- Fast loading speed
- Have an active SSL certificate
- Make sure the website is mobile-friendly
- Your website should have some high-quality backlinks that lead to your site
- Make sure you use internal links on your site.
*Related Article – Divi SEO: 5 Best On-page SEO Practices
Create and Publish Regular Content
There are a few tips that you can follow to get a new website recognized. You need to make sure that you create and publish new content on a regular basis. The quality of your content is important for SEO so make sure you post on a regular basis and that it is of high quality. Post as frequently as possible.
Make Sure Your Website Is Personal
Does your new website have a personal feel to it? Well, statistics show us that people are more easily convinced by a business that comes from a personal point of view. Your website’s About Us page should not be just about your company, but about the people behind your company.
Is Your Website Easy to Navigate?
Can people easily navigate your website? If it is hard to navigate your website, people will bounce off, so make sure people can easily navigate through the different pages of your website. Always offer a clear way for visitors to get back to your homepage no matter what page they land on.
Make Sure Your Website Is Mobile Responsive
Mobile responsiveness is an important and critical part of modern websites. The fact is that most people these days, visit websites from their smartphones. People spend hours on their mobile phones every day, so make sure your website offers a great mobile experience.
If you are on your way to building a new website for your business, we hope that these tips for building a high-converting website made a difference. If you need extra features for your Divi website, check out the ultimate Divi extension, Divi Areas Pro!
Try Divi Areas Pro today
Sounds interesting? Learn more about Divi Areas Pro and download your copy now!
Many pre-designed layouts. Automated triggers. No coding.
Click here for more details