There are plenty of reasons why creating and growing an email list is important. It can have a fascinating impact on your earnings, with up to 4300% of ROI!
However, at the heart of the matter of every successful newsletter is a well-optimized website. This is why we love Divi – the most powerful and versatile WordPress theme, enabling you to set up and grow a newsletter with ease.
Thus, in this article, we’re going to outline how to grow your email list with Divi and how you can leverage the theme to kick-start a successful newsletter.
Why does Growing an Email List Matter?
Before we discuss email list growth tactics, if you’re wondering why building an email list is beneficial in the alleged era of social media and quick communications, let’s turn our attention to the most important reasons why email marketing still matters:
- Highest Marketing ROI: Above all, email marketing matters simply because it produces the highest ROI than any other marketing tactic. In fact, you get $49 in return for every $1 spent, which is nearly impossible to achieve with social media.
- Personalized and Targeted: Almost every consumer today has an email account, and they all treat it as more personal than Facebook or Instagram accounts. Moreover, you can only send emails to those who decided to opt themselves, which makes it completely personalized and targeted.
- Efficient and Cost-Effective: Email is an old marketing tactic. But it has developed throughout the years to perfection, with lots of tools readily available to kick-start your campaigns and perfectly compatible with your Divi site, for a fraction of what social media advertising costs.
- Easy Analysis and Testing: One of the greatest advantages of email is how easy it is to gauge if your campaigns are bringing your success or not, with fundamental key performance indicators such as number of subscribers, number of opens, and number of clicks.
Now that we’ve discovered the main reasons why email marketing remains relevant let’s outline how to build and grow your email list with Divi.
BONUS: For more on the importance of building an email list, tune in or watch the following Divi Chat episode:
Be Proactive with Divi’s Email Opt-In Module
Divi’s email optin module helps you connect to your email service provider and build your email list with ease.
The email optin module now supports the most popular email service providers, and just like every module, it’s effortless to integrate it for your website.
Once you open the Visual Builder, click on the ‘Insert Module’ button inside your Row, locate the ‘Email Optin’ module, and insert it into your row:
Keep in mind that prior to using the email optin module, you need to link it with your email provider.
To add your provider, navigate to the ‘Email Account’ section of your module, select from the available list, and click on the ‘Add’ button.
Let’s say you want to add an email optin at the bottom of your blog posts.
Create a new 2-column section under your blog post, insert an image module on the left column, and an email optin on the right column:
Insert your preferred image and customize the optin content and its design, and voilà, you’ve created your first email opt-in with Divi’s email optin module.
Irrespective of your email provider, you’ll be prepared to build and grow your email list once you connect your email service with the Divi email opt-in module.
Create a Lead Generation Page
A lead generation page is a dedicated landing page where people can leave their email info and sign up for your newsletter, download a resource, get a demo, and more.
Of course, just as with everything you do with Divi and its modules, creating a lead generation page is easy with the Builder.
If you want to learn more about how to create an effective lead generation page in Divi, we invite you to read one of our latest articles that outlines the process in detail: How to Create a Lead Generation Page Using Divi’s Contact Form Module.
Creating a lead generation page is easy but perfecting it to convert users into leads is where things get tricky. Even with the most beautiful lead generation page at your disposal, if users leave without signing up, all the effort would be for nothing.
Fortunately, optimizing your lead generation pages doesn’t have to be difficult with Divi’s power and the right tactics at hand:
- Set Laser-Focused Goal: Create a lead generation page with one goal in mind. It’s simple – you need to collect as many relevant emails as possible and focusing on that goal alone will prove as the key to success for your lead generation page.
- Write Enticing Headlines: Once someone opens your lead generation page, less than 15 seconds to grab their attention and inform them about your offer. Speak to your target customers. The benefits must be clear for them right away.
- Use Visuals That Relate: Great visuals express what you provide to potential leads and build trust with them immediately. It takes 2.6 seconds for users to land on a page and gain a first impression. Don’t let them leave because of irrelevant visuals.
- Solve a Problem: Most page visitors won’t give you their email address unless they get something valuable in return. Providing them with a lead magnet will help you build trust and improve your conversion rates by delivering more in your emails.
- Establish Trust: Since you can’t ask for an email address out of the blue, you need to build a relationship with your potential leads immediately via social proof such as testimonials, reviews, ratings, success stories, etc.
- Use a Powerful CTA: What you’ll write on your CTA button can have a huge impact on your conversion rate. Craft a CTA that relates to your target audience and think about the words that would motivate potential leads to sign up.
Make use of Popups
Whenever people arrive on any of your pages, a popup form can entice them to subscribe to your newsletter or sign-up for your services. However, you need to ensure that popups are effective and non-intrusive at the same time.
The following are some of the most effective tactics for creating high-converting popups that will grow your email list:
Trigger Popups at the Right Time
Have you ever opened a page, and a popup appeared within seconds? We all have, which is what got popups bad reputation in the first place. If you want to provide an excellent popup experience for potential customers, timing is key.
Give users with enough time to browse your page and interact before you present them with a popup. For example, you can create exit-intent popups that will be triggered as soon as the users want to exit your page and make one last attempt for them to sign up.
Determine The Right Popup Frequency
Frequency is just as important as timing when it comes to popups. You wouldn’t want users to see the same popup every time they open your page, unless you have a sale or promo campaign, and you want to promote your offer more frequently.
Use an Actionable CTA
When popups appear on your Divi website, the action that users must take must be clear to them. This is why you need to make the popup CTA stand out from the rest of the design.
No one can miss that call-to-action. The CTA copy is clear and actionable for the users.
The Best Way to Add Popups in Divi
As the team behind one of the most powerful Divi popup plugins with 70,000+ installations, Popups for Divi, we’re proud to say that we’re the creators behind the ultimate solution for transforming every Divi section into a conversion-rate module – Divi Areas Pro.
Divi Areas Pro is much more than just a popup solution for your Divi website. It’s an all-around tool for website owners to grow their email lists and improve their conversion rates.
With Divi Areas Pro, you can build and customize campaigns with popups, fly-ins, hovers, mega menus, and conditional inline content, even if you’re a novice Divi user.
Some of the main benefits of using Divi Areas Pro, which make the plugin stand out from the rest in the marketplace are:
- Content Interactivity: Go beyond sections and rows. With Popups, Tooltips, Fly-ins, and dynamic Inline Areas, you can create truly interactive content, as never before!
- Content Conditionality: Whether you want to display a Popup on specific pages or show a contact form only to logged-in users: Display Conditions are part of every Divi Area.
With so many beneficial features for your popups and campaigns, with Divi Areas Pro, you can create a variety of individual and global popups for your pages, define when and where each popup gets displayed, and establish relevant email marketing campaigns.
For a further breakdown of Divi Area Pro’s features and pricing, we invite you to read our detailed blog post: Divi Areas Pro 3: Features Overview & Benefits.
Ready to join DiviMode and create the first popup for your email marketing campaign?
BONUS: Get a LIFETIME Access to Divi Areas Pro ($199 value) with 1-time payment and priority private support and live chat from our developers for maximum results – 30-day money-back guarantee! Click here to get started →
Over to You
Regardless of the size of your business, email marketing is the most powerful way to build trust with your customers and provide a better UX on your Divi website. And there’s no better way to attract leads and achieve success than building your email list.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to attract and interact with your target audiences, drive more sales, and safeguard your business from social media’s algorithms. Use Divi’s email building powers, so you don’t have to regret not building an email list.
Have you been working on growing your email list previously? Sometimes it’s easier to get things done with the right tools and add-ons. Check out our solutions to keep your potential customers engaged.