Are you looking to add a login form popup in Divi? It’s a great and dynamic way to add a login opportunity for users to access premium information.
Moreover, a login popup on the page where the premium content can be discovered is a great way to keep readers on the page instead of redirecting them to another login page.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to create a login form popup in Divi, step-by-step, so that you can improve the engagement and user experience on your Divi website. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- FAQs About Login Form Popups
- How Can You Use a Login Popup on Your Divi Website?
- Creating a Login Form Popup with Divi’s Login Module
- Using Divi Areas Pro to Create a Login Form Popup
- Over to You
FAQs About Login Form Popups
Q: What is a login popup on a website?
A: A login popup is a type of user interface element that appears as a small window or overlay on a website, prompting users to log in or sign in to their accounts.
Q: What is the significance of login popups on websites?
A: Login popups offer several benefits and serve important purposes on websites:
- Convenient access: Login popups provide a quick and accessible way for users to log in without navigating to a separate login page.
- Seamless user experience: By keeping users on the same page, login popups reduce disruption and make the login process more efficient and user-friendly.
- Conversion and engagement: Websites often use login popups strategically to encourage visitors to create accounts, promoting user engagement and enabling personalized experiences.
- Capturing user data: Login popups enable websites to gather user information during the registration or login process, which can be used for analytics, marketing, and personalization purposes.
- Promoting social login: Login popups can include options for users to log in using their social media accounts, providing a convenient and streamlined login experience.
- Time-sensitive actions: In certain cases, login popups may appear when accessing specific content or performing certain actions that require user authentication, ensuring security and access control.
Q: Are there any considerations for designing effective login popups?
A: Yes, designing effective login popups involves considering user experience and best practices. Here are some considerations:
- Clarity and simplicity: Keep the login popup design simple, clear, and focused on the essential elements: login fields, instructions, and login options (if applicable). Avoid clutter and excessive content.
- Mobile responsiveness: Ensure that the login popup is responsive and works well on various devices, including mobile phones and tablets.
- Clear calls-to-action: Use concise and action-oriented language on the login button, such as “Log In” or “Sign In,” to clearly indicate the purpose of the popup.
- Visual prominence: Make sure the login popup stands out visually on the page, using appropriate contrast, size, and placement to draw attention without being overly intrusive.
- Error handling: Provide meaningful and concise error messages if users encounter issues during the login process, helping them understand and resolve the problem.
- User control: Offer an option to close the login popup easily, allowing users to dismiss it if they choose not to log in at that moment.
- Privacy and transparency: Clearly communicate how user data will be used and stored, ensuring compliance with relevant privacy regulations and guidelines.
- A/B testing: Consider conducting A/B testing to evaluate different design variations of login popups and determine the most effective approach for your specific website and target audience.
Q: Can login popups be accessible to users with disabilities?
A: Yes, it is important to ensure that login popups are accessible to users with disabilities. Consider the following accessibility guidelines:
- Keyboard accessibility: Ensure that users can navigate and interact with the login popup using only the keyboard, without relying on a mouse or other pointing device.
- Screen reader compatibility: Use proper markup and labels to make sure that screen readers can interpret the login popup content, including form fields and instructions.
- Focus management: Ensure that the focus is properly managed within the login popup, allowing users to understand their current location and navigate easily.
- Color contrast and visual cues: Use sufficient color contrast between text and background, provide clear visual cues, and avoid relying solely on color to convey important information.
- Alternative access methods: Consider providing alternative access methods or accommodations for users who may have difficulty using or interacting with login popups due to their disabilities.
Q: Are there any best practices for implementing login popups?
A: Yes, here are some best practices to consider when implementing login popups:
- Timing: Display the login popup at appropriate moments when it adds value to the user experience, such as when accessing restricted content or performing an action that requires authentication.
- Frequency: Avoid displaying the login popup excessively or persistently, as it can frustrate users and negatively impact their experience on the website.
- Personalization: Customize the login popup based on user behavior or preferences, offering relevant incentives or content to encourage sign-ups or login.
- User testing: Conduct user testing and gather feedback to understand how users perceive and interact with the login popup, making iterative improvements based on user insights.
- Mobile optimization: Ensure that the login popup is optimized for mobile devices, considering the smaller screen size and touch interactions.
- Clear value proposition: Clearly communicate the benefits or value that users will gain by logging in, such as access to exclusive content, personalized recommendations, or account management features.
- Consistent design: Maintain visual consistency with the overall website design, ensuring that the login popup aligns with the brand’s look and feel.
- Privacy and security: Implement secure protocols, such as HTTPS, and clearly communicate the privacy and security measures taken to protect user data within the login popup.
Remember that the design and implementation of login popups may vary based on the specific requirements and goals of your website.
How Can You Use a Login Popup on Your Divi Website?
Providing a login popup form on your Divi website is different than using other types of popups.
A custom login screen in the form of a popup removes the need for readers to be redirected to another login page before attempting to access the premium ‘hidden’ content.
Thus, displaying a popup as a login option allows website visitors to quickly access their profile and the additional information without hindering their user experience.
With that in mind, without further ado, let’s start creating a login popup for your Divi website, step-by-step, together.
Creating a Login Form Popup with Divi’s Login Module
The Divi Login Module can help you display a login form anywhere on your Divi website. If you are using membership on your website, then adding a login form can be beneficial for keeping users on the page, instead of redirecting then to another page or website.
With the Divi Login Module, you can establish a smooth login experience and enable visitors to log in and log out without effortlessly within the same page.
If you want to create a login form popup with Divi’s Login Module such as the one below, then the following tutorial from Elegant Themes is for you.
For the full steps and template that you can download for your Divi website, make sure to watch the full video tutorial as well.
Using Divi Areas Pro to Create a Login Form Popup
This plugin helps you create popups that convert visitors into leads or customers by building popups, fly-ins, hover areas, and inline areas without having to add any additional code or customized CSS.
Divi Areas Pro also provides you with plenty of pre-built popup layouts. All you have to do is enable the layout library, activate a layout, customize it, and you’re all set!
If you’re already familiar with the Divi Areas Pro plugin, you probably know how easy it is to create super-cool and mobile-responsive popups. If not, we invite you to subscribe for a yearly plan right away and get started for only $67!
Now, without further ado, let’s go over some quick steps to help you prepare a login form popup in Divi Areas Pro.
Head to the Divi Areas Pro dashboard, add a new Divi Area and name it accordingly. At this stage, the first thing that you’ll need to do is create the popup content. Inside the row of your first section, once you locate the Login Module, add it to your page.
Once you add the module, you will be presented with the module’s list of options, separated in Content, Design, and Advanced, that you can use to create a unique login form for your popup.
As soon as you enter the title and the description of the login form, make sure to enable the ‘Redirect to the Current Page’ button.
Within the Design options, set up the preferred colors and backgrounds that fit with the page’s context and your brand’s color themes. The following is just an example of a simple login form:
Now, to use the login form popup correctly, you’ll need to configure the Divi Area’s trigger that would display the popup menu after a certain action on the users’ end (conditional content).
Inside your Divi Area dashboard, scroll down to the settings and designate the Area as a Popup.
Next, navigate to the ‘Trigger’ options, choose the desired trigger and designate on which user action you want the popup menu to appear. In most cases with conditional and limited content, this trigger would be the On-Scroll trigger,
Now, you’re all set and ready to publish the Area and use the popup menu. As soon as you click on the ‘Publish’ button, you can immediately test the login form popup on your Divi pages.
Creating a responsive popup menu with Divi Areas Pro is effortless. All you have to do is customize the content and the popup settings within the plugin, and you’re good to go.
Over to You
With Divi Areas Pro, you can add login form popups on your Divi website effortlessly, only with several clicks and within minutes. We hope you found this short tutorial useful.
Now that you know how to create great-looking login form popups, you can use Divi’s Login Module and Divi Areas Pro to boost website interactions with a mobile-ready popup menu.
Start creating unique login experiences for your website visitors today!
Try Divi Areas Pro today
Sounds interesting? Learn more about Divi Areas Pro and download your copy now!
Many pre-designed layouts. Automated triggers. No coding.
Click here for more details