Version 2.3.5 17 Feb 2021
- Triggering a Popup required 2-3 taps on certain pages on iOS.
- Prevent scrolling page when opening a Popup in Safari.
- Rare bug solved where an Exit-Intent Popup could not be closed anymore after triggering it via the JS API.
Version 2.3.4 13 Feb 2021
- Issues with Visual Builder on regular posts/pages are resolved.
Version 2.3.3 8 Feb 2021
- Rename JS and CSS assets to comply with the naming conventions of Divi.
- Certain websites experienced a delay between triggering a Popup and the Popup becoming visible.
- Conditions that use a weekly schedule are correctly saved.
- Adjusted the Import/Export functions to work with the latest Divi version.
Version 2.3.1 22 Dec 2020
- Integrated plugin support on all Divi Areas pages! Look for the help-icon in the bottom corner.
- WordPress 5.6 compatibility (minor CSS changes in admin UI).
- Exit-Intent Popups do not need a Popup ID (but still it’s recommended).
- More robust plugin initialization. Popups will work, even when Divi does not initialize correctly.
- Sections are not randomly renamed to “Popup – #undefined” anymore.
- The Theme Builder could sometimes miss Area layout settings, that’s a thing of the past.
- Rare ReCaptcha bug that happened when no site_key was present for some reason.
- PHP Notice in plugin update module.
- JS error with the “Push Content” flag.
Version 2.3.0 5 Dec 2020
- Area Dimensions now support responsive values, to set custom widths based on the user’s device.
- A new Size option in the Dimension tab enables you to quickly turn an Area to “full-width”, “full-height”, or “full-screen”.
- Fly-In Areas can enable the “Push Content” layout to avoid overlapping of the Area and the page contents.
- WPML support to display Areas only for specific languages.
- Areas do not cover the Admin Toolbar anymore for logged in users.
- Introduce a new license server with a less restrictive firewall to make license activation more reliable.
- More robust plugin update logic and cache clearing mechanism.
- New JS filter to customize local data storage –
- New JS filter to extend the push-content layout –
- New JS action to customize Area positioning –
- Many new PHP filters in the Divi Area metabox contents.
- When a Popup, Fly-In, or Hover Area is visible, a new CSS class is added to the body tag.
- Open the Divi Lightbox in front of Popups and Fly-Ins.
- Compatibility with wpDataTables.
- Forminator ReCaptcha is supported inside Popups.
- Fix rare issue with size calculated, caused by incompatible Row settings.
- IE 11 support for Area conditions, like date schedule or referrer check.
Version 188.8.131.52 19 Nov 2020
- In rare cases, the Popups did not open due to Divi initializing the ReCaptcha module without a site-key.
Version 2.2.1 17 Nov 2020
- Typo in ReCaptcha code is fixed.
- Fix a rare issue on iOS that would reload the website when a Popup was triggered.
background-repeatCSS rule is now correctly applied to the background image of a Popup section.
- Compatibility with the new responsive mode of Divi 4.7
Version 2.2.0 11 Nov 2020
- Define default conditions for an Area to trigger it only when all conditions are met. Each trigger can overwrite those conditions with custom values.
- Schedule conditions to trigger an Area only on certain dates or days of a week.
- Referrer condition to trigger an Area only when the visitor arrives from a certain referrer.
- URL Param condition to trigger Area only when a certain URL param is present (or not present).
- The “On Scroll” trigger can receive an element selector to show the Area when an element becomes visible.
- We have made the Visual Builder integration (the “Popup-Tab”) faster and more stable.
- Do not include the JS API for certain 404 results, such as missing images.
- The collapsed Divi Area meta box now sticks to the top of the window.
- The Area position is now reflected by the Visual Builder (left/center/right).
- Removed the trigger type “URL Param” in favor of the new trigger condition with the same name.
- New JS filter to add custom initialization code –
- New JS API function
DiviAreaItem.isPrepared()to check if an Area is fully initialized.
- New JS filter to customize conditions –
- Inline Areas can be triggered via Exit-Intent.
- Prevent the full-height mode for Areas that use the layout flag “Overflow: Show”.
- Fix a bug where the “After Delay” trigger did not work with the value “instant” (after 0 seconds).
- The content of Code modules in Layout Library templates is now correctly imported.
- Calculate the correct height of multiline text fields in the Divi Area meta box.
- With the “Never Clip” layout, you can scroll the Areas content via the mouse wheel again.
- The layout of Areas with a custom height is now corrected.
- The Layout Library is now also available for new/unsaved Divi Areas.
- The very first Layout Library sync will now start right after activating the plugin.
- CF7 ReCaptcha is supported inside Popups.
Version 2.1.2 29 Oct 2020
- A smarter Area initialization allows the use of dynamic content (such as Ninja Forms).
- The welcome page shows an accurate changelog after updates.
- The preview of Divi Areas is more accurate.
- If licensing fails, a new error code is displayed inside the license nag on the settings page.
- New JS filter to dynamically change an Areas z-index –
- New JS filter to adjust Area initialization –
- The JS API function
DiviAreaItem.getData()does not require a parameter anymore.
- Fixed the bug with the empty Page Rules dialog when editing Divi Areas!
- The z-index is correctly applied again.
Version 2.1.1 22 Oct 2020
- Areas can be triggered via URL hashes.
- The “Overflow” layout option is previewed in the Visual Builder.
- The Layout Library is now displayed correctly when creating a new Divi Area before saving it the first time.
- Improve the full-height calculation of Popups.
Version 2.1.0 19 Oct 2020
- We have launched our layout library! Use any of our pre-built Areas that come fully configured 🎨
- Portability support for Divi Areas! You can export and import Area settings (type, triggers, behavior, etc.)
- Added the “Overflow” layout option for Divi Areas.
- Area sizes are more accurate when using Divis responsive sizes.
- Images inside Areas are instantly loaded in Chrome (fixed a lazy-load bug).
- Area size is re-calculated when the Area contents change, e.g., when an accordion is opened or closed.
- When a Popup is opened, scrolling is disabled in all browsers without shifting the content!
- New WP filter to define “active” Divi Areas
- New WP hooks for Area preview –
- New WP hooks to customize Area output –
- New JS action that fires when an Area was resized
- New JS action to customize screen-position of an Area
position_area(not available for Inline Areas).
- Full-Height Popups can be scrolled #again in Safari/iPhones.
- Hover Areas are positioned correctly on all pages.
- The error “Invalid position: center-center” was thrown by Hover Areas in some cases.
- Remove a duplicate toggle-button from the Divi Area meta boxes.
- Correct the full-height mode for Fly-Ins.
- Bug in the Divi Area Page-Rules selector is fixed, which displayed an empty page-list when editing an existing Area.
Version 2.0.2 30 Sept 2020
- Add a toggle in “Settings > Front End” to disable the plugin cache for development or debugging.
- Page Rules are working again.
- Lifetime licenses do not display an expiration date in the plugin settings anymore.
- WooCommerce pages now display all available Popups, not only the first one.
Version 2.0.1 28 Sept 2020
- Plugin does not break your website when Divi is deactivated.
- Correct a Page-Rule logic that only evaluated the first rule of a given type.
- Scroll to percent logic works again.
- Device conditions in automatic triggers are now working with minified js.
- Divi Areas work with IE 11.
- On-Page Popups were accidentally hidden inside the Visual Builder after saving the page the first time.
- New template function to validate the current Visual Builder version:
- New JS API function to identify an Area:
Version 2.0.0 3 Sept 2020
- We have refactored the entire plugin!
- A new welcome page will be displayed after every plugin update to inform you about changes
- All Areas will now generate truly unique CSS classes to avoid any layout caching conflicts
- We have introduced new trigger types: On Inactivity, On Browser Focus, With URL Parameter
- The Visual Builder displays a preview of the Close Button (only in the Divi Areas editor)
- New configuration options for Area width and height for even more flexibility
- The plugin now uses Divis Theme-Builder logic to let you choose which pages should include (or exclude) an Area
- Use the brand-new Categories for grouping and filtering your Divi Areas!
- A new dynamic script generator generates highly optimized and reliable JS trigger code on-demand
- Improved inline documentation and help
- The Keep-Closed behavior has a new “Start Closed-Timer” option
- The Inline Area injection logic has become more reliable and flexible
- New logic to calculate Area size and position
- Popup text is no longer blurry in Windows browsers
- Deprecated the “full-width” class, because it’s not used anymore
Version 1.4.6 14 Aug 2020
- WordPress 5.5 compatibility changes in Area editor and settings page
- In some cases the Google reCaptcha inside a Popup would throw a JS error upon page load
Version 1.4.5 26 June 2020
- The close button does not trigger any scrollbars when hovered
- Popups are now always hidden when the page loads – in some cases, Popups inside Headers/Footers were visible right when the page loaded
- Click inside an open Popup does not try to re-open that Popup – i.e., fixed the “flickering issue.”
- Accordions and other interactive elements inside Areas are working again
- Plugin is compatible with Gravity Forms 2.4.18+
- Bullet lists now display bullets inside Popups
- Plugin now plays nice with SG Optimizer and WP Rocket
- The close button is now outside the Popup container and can be positioned anywhere, via CSS
- Minor performance optimizations in the JS code
Version 1.4.4 12 June 2020
- Inline Areas can now be triggered like any other Area. And yes, they can dynamically replace any section on the page!
- The default shadow can now be disabled for Hover Areas
- All Areas can be triggered via CSS class. Not only Popups but everything!
- Some new methods in the JS class
DiviAreaItemthat are used by the JS API
- Click- and Hover-Triggers now support complex selectors, such as
- Positioning of Hover Areas is much better; you could say, it’s correct now
- Some UI changes in the “Area Trigger” meta box
- The close button now works in Inline Areas
- We found and fixed a problem with the Visual Builder when inserting Popups into blog posts
- Fixed some nasty typos that could cause bugs
- Of course, improved some parts of the code, especially lots of comments
Version 1.4.3 5 June 2020
- Click triggers can be added to a Row or Section. The plugin now supports virtually any Divi “Link” field!
- Inline Areas are now injected into custom layouts that were designed with Divis Theme Builder!
- Divi Cache is now automatically cleared when a Divi Area is modified
- The loader code is now an inline script in the header. That adds compatibility with caching plugin, such as SG Optimizer or WP Rocket
- Popup content always expands downwards when a scrollbar is visible – for example when using Accordions inside a Popup
- Code cleanup and improvements
Version 1.4.2 27 May 2020
- Default z-index of Popups now is “1000000” (that’s one “0” more than before) to display Popups above a Full-Page menu
- The DiviAreaConfig object is output in the page header so that values can be overwritten via JS in the page body
- When a popup is triggered inside a Full-Page menu, the menu is closed while the Popup is opened
- Optimize the Area display code for faster and cleaner display logic
- Now we support Popup triggers on any page (like shop pages or blog archive) and any element (like menus or footers)
- Full support for the Newsletter Module – the module did not work when used inside a Divi Area, though it worked in Popups for Divi
- Inline Areas are displayed correctly again
- The default Popup fade-in animation works again
- A Bug that would permanently disable scrolling of the page, when a Popup was closed while the background was still fading in
Version 1.4.1 23 May 2020
- The minified JS snippet for Divi Area injection threw a JS error
- When editing a Divi Area, the “Delete” icon in the post/page list did not work
- Editing a Divi Area will now hide invalid position options, depending on current Area type
- Custom Popup width now works on WooCommerce pages
- A PHP 5.6 error in the updater module is fixed
- Hide the “Saved templates” menu item, when Divi is not active
- License key can be set via the wp-config constant
- Many small changes throughout the plugin
Version 1.4.0 21 May 2020
- Fully refactored JS API that is fully documented on https://divimode.com/knowledge-base/
- The JS configuration object changed its name to
- Some CSS class names have changed, e.g. “evr_fb_popup_modal” is now “da-overlay”
- JS class
DiviAreaItemthat represents a single Area (e.g., a Popup)
- JS API function:
- JS API hooks:
- Split the JS API into two files – a minimal loader that is enqueued in the header, and the rest of the API which is enqueued in the footer
- Support for the Divi Builder Plugin is even better, cases of missing CSS styles are fixed
- When a Popup is opened, the scroll bars of the page are not removed anymore
- Some script debugging options were incompatible with WordPress’ new block editor
> Here is a full list of all API changes in this update: https://divimode.com/api-1-2-0-changes/
Version 1.3.1 11 May 2020
- JS API does not include deprecated function
- Details in the Updates tab of the plugin settings give you clear details on available updates
- Integration into the “Check Again” button of WordPress to manually check for plugin updates
- The updater-module to check for updates more frequently and smoothly work with the latest WordPress version
- The JS API further and expose additional functions
- Triggers on Modules: Links inside modules are treated as normal links, not as popup triggers
- The blur effect of the background overlay after the WooCommerce changes broke it
- Exit-intent Popup logic to recognize the “Keep Closed” setting
- Bugs on some WooCommerce and Divi Builder archive pages
Version 1.3.0 8 May 2020
- Correct Area layout on WooCommerce pages
- Compatibility with the Divi Builder plugin
- Exit-Intent logic so that multiple exit-intent popups are displayed one by one instead of all at once
- JS API: The
DiviAreaobject exposes additional functions
- The minification of CSS files to generate ~16% smaller files
- Console error that said
could not load style.css.map
- The “Close other Popups” behavior, so now it will really close other popups
- Some minor bugs in the popup behavior
Version 1.2.4 26 April 2020
- New JS API:
- A warning that showed up for logged in users when WordPress runs on a Windows Server
Version 1.2.3 20 April 2020
- The new option “Show Loader” to the Popup Tab to better support iframes inside the Popup
- Input of Popup ID in Visual Builder to prevent invalid characters
- Code structure for better unit testing and quality assurance
- Some more JS errors that happened with specific versions of PHP/WordPress
Version 1.2.2 18 April 2020
- Onboarding: Redirect the user to license page on first plugin activation
- A PHP 5.6 error on the plugins settings page
- A rare JS error that was caused by wrong load-order of JS libraries
- Error that was raised when the plugin was activated on a site that did not use the Divi theme or Divi Builder plugin
Version 1.2.1 30 March 2020
- PHP notices and an error in the plugins settings page
Version 1.2.0 12 March 2020
- A brand new Tab to the Visual Builder that allows you to configure all popup details using Divi! No more class names in the Frontend Builder 🥳
- An error when saving an element to the Divi Template Library in the Frontend Builder
Version 1.1.0 10 Dec 2019
- Admin UI in WordPress 5.3
- Developer integrations by providing new filters/actions
- And refactor the admin UI as preparation for future updates
- Scroll bars in Popups that are taller than the screen height
- Position of full-height popups that were displayed too far up on the screen
- A JS error in the options panel “Display: On Posts/Pages”
- The JS trigger description to display the correct snippets
- Some typos in the admin UI and help
Version 1.0.0 2 Nov 2019
- Support for Hover Areas
- Support to save any Divi Area to the Divi Template Library
- Full editing support to the Divi Template Library: Edit all Area settings in the template
- Close-button-support for Inline Areas
- Two custom close-conditions with an optional close-delay for Hover Areas
- Four positioning options and a new z-index field for Hover Areas
- A new “Max-Height” option for all Areas
- A new option on the Settings page to enable the script-debug mode for un-minified JS
- The admin UI stability (e.g., the number input fields had a rare rounding bug)
- The outputted JS code further
- Developer integration by adding more WP action hooks/filters and API functions
- A bug where the Popup overlay was hidden too early when displaying more than one Popup at once
- Wrong zIndex values when displaying multiple Areas at the same time
Version 0.5.0 18 Oct 2019
- Support for the brand new Fly-in Areas
- A new “Area Position” meta box for Popups and Fly-ins
- A new tab on the Settings page to enable the JS debug-mode
- Support for SCRIPT_DEBUG to output un-minified JS code in the page footer
- The JS API. We rewrote the API from ground-up with tons of features and enhancements. Detailed debug logging, an all-new DiviArea base object with support for WordPress-like hooks, and much more!
- The positioning and display of meta boxes in the Divi Area editor
- The display order of Divi Areas in the front end
- Some glitches in the JS script that triggers Divi Areas
- The User-Role conditions
Version 0.4.2 9 Sept 2019
- An issue that prevented advanced Popup triggers from firing (timed, on scroll)
- Animation glitch in Safari/iPhone that displayed the Popup too small when using Divis “Zoom” open animation.
- Logic that did not recognize Popups with upper-case letters in the Popup IDs.
- Issue with transparent Popup background.
- The CSS rule that allows custom box-shadow styles.
Version 0.4.1 5 Sept 2019
- A JS error that prevented Popups from opening in Firefox, Safari, Edge
Version 0.4.0 27 Aug 2019
- Popup behavior: The size now matches the width of your Divi section! 🤩
- the default layout of Popups to have no box-shadow. If you want a shadow, either add the class
with-shadowto your section or use Divi to apply a box-shadow to the section. Style it your way!
- Full support for the Inline-Area type!
- New meta box to configure the Inline-Areas location
- Option to inject Inline-Areas into Theme Locations: Header, Main-Menu, Post-Content, Comment-Form, Footer
- Option to inject Inline-Areas before/after certain Divi sections inside the post/page content – via class or ID selector
- New meta box to customize the Divi Area layout
- Option to customize the Area width, enable the box-shadow and dark-mode (Close Button)
- Support for URL triggers via the Blurb “Content Link”
- The Popup behavior “Close other Popups”
- Two new settings to customize the Divi Area editor
- New WP filter options to customize dark-mode and box-shadow style
- Select list behavior in Firefox
- Popup width on iPhone 6 and earlier
- The description and inline-help for some options
- improvements of the Admin UI
Version 0.3.0 18 Aug 2019
- Option to hide the close button and make the popup modal
- Option to keep a popup closed for s certain time span
- Inline help for all Area options and settings
- An option to use the Area slug as an alternate trigger ID
- Popup triggers, esp the scroll and exit-intent
- Many small improvements and fixes behind the scenes
Version 0.2.0 9 Aug 2019
- A settings-page to the plugin
- Automatic plugin updates via the WordPress plugin updater
- The Popups for Divi JS library to the plugin to use it independently
- A new Behavior meta box to control the Close Button
- The admin UI to feel more like Divi
Version 0.1.0 14 July 2019
- A new admin section to create Divi Areas
- UI to customize Area display conditions and triggers
- Display conditions to target page/posts
- Display conditions to target devices (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Display conditions to target user roles
- Triggers to show popups on click, hover, scroll, exit-intent and time delay