We frequently get the question from our users, because their Popups seem to appear randomly. Those are some typical sentences we hear repeatedly:
- Help, my Popups appear without me doing anything!
- Why is my Popup displayed when I do not click anywhere?
- Popups magically/randomly appear, even without clicking anywhere.
Does this describe your issue? Read on to see, how it’s fixed.
In 99 % of all cases, the problem is caused by accidentally enabling the Exit-Intent trigger. Luckily, it can be fixed with a couple of clicks:
- Open up the Visual Builder to edit the Popup.
- Open the Settings-Modal of the Section (the gear icon)
- Head over to the “Popup” tab (or, if you have the premium version, the “Divi Area” tab)
- Open the section “Behavior“
- Set the option “Enable Exit Intent” to “NO“
- Problem solved! Save the page and test the Popup
We’ve seen a case where a (minified) JS file contained outdated code. So, clearing your JS/CSS cache might also solve that issue for you.
Debug custom JS
WP_DEBUG on your webpage. The JS console will display a lot of details about Popups. Search for the line that says “
Show area #your-popup-id“. On the very right side of the JS console, you will see the file that triggered the command.